The Ministry of Electronics and Information ( MeitY) is seeking applications from 100 academic, R&D organisations, start-ups and MSMEs under its Chips to Startup (C2S) Programme. The interested institutions can now apply for the program till January 31.
What is the Chips to Startup programme?
The Chips to Startup (C2S) programme was established with the objective of training about 85000 qualified and high quality engineers in the fields of Very Large-Scale Integration and Embedded System Design.
It further has an aim of developing 175 ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits), Working Prototypes of 20 System on Chips (SoC) and IP Core repository over a period of 5 years.
This will be a step towards leapfrogging in the Electronics System Design & Manufacturing (ESDM) space by way of inculcating the culture of SoC/ System Level Design at Bachelors, Masters and Research level and act as a catalyst for growth of start-ups involved in fabless design.
The nodal agency for the programme will be C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing), a scientific society operating under MeitY.
Scope of the program
- The programme is going to be implemented at about 100 academic institutions/R&D organisations across India.
- These institutions include IITs, NITs, IIITs, government/private colleges and R&D organisations.
- Startups and MSMEs can also apply for the programme by submitting ideas for System/SoC/IP Core development under Academia-Industry Collaborative Projects, Grand Challenges/Hackathons/RFP.
How to apply?
- The interested institutions can apply online on the program’s website i.e., c2s.gov.in till January 31, 2022.
- The project proposals should be submitted in the format specified on the C2S site.
- Further, the institutions applying for the programme must fulfil the qualifying requirements outlined on the web page and follow the rules outlined in the proposals.